Sunday, January 31, 2010

Allow Your Mind to Rest and Allow the Universe to Let You Know

Dear Carina,

I'm in a job I don't enjoy, working for people whose "values" don't resonate with me, and work for/with micromanagers. The work environment is stressful and the majority of the people are unhappy (employee morale is at an all-time low). How do I maintain my positive outlook and release the stress in my body (I hurt all over, especially my jaw, and even as I write about
this to you, my body tenses) until my work environment changes to something more suitable? I am trying to show little kindnesses to others at work (bringing in cookies, giving hugs and words of encouragement) to be of service and add a little light to everyone's experience.

I am grateful for any advice you have to offer.

With love and gratitude,
Michelle

* * * * * * *

Dear Michelle,

Thank your for your thoughtful sharing. I can tell this is a situation that weighs heavily on you, and I feel for you.

What I want to tell you right away is that years ago I found myself in a situation that I would describe as very similar to what you describe. I was miserable and felt totally stuck, not seeing what direction I should - or even could - take. I used to say, "I hate my job," all the time, and it was so painful to have the word "hate" coming out my mouth so much.

I tell you this straight away because I want you to know that I am living proof that these things shift. So just know that.

In asking the questions that you are asking, you are asking the Universe to shift. You are acknowledging that you - and your thinking mind - don't see the solution.

That's key here. Solutions to these kinds of conundrums don't arise from the thinking mind, from strategic planning sessions, and definitely not from getting on board with the others in the work environment who are also feeling oppressed.

Anything that you can do to shift yourself from your thinking, strategizing mind to your quiet, spacious, true self is a key turning the lock that you find yourself held by.

I'm going to recommend a couple of tools to you. These both made a big difference for me during those years back at my job where I was desperate for a shift.

1. Read Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth, Awakening to Your Life's Purpose. Then read it again. There is so much in here that will give you access to all sorts of freedom on multiple levels in your work situation and beyond. He is anchoring you in your true home and is showing you {what I discovered with great relief} the true purpose of all experience. It is profound, compassionate, and powerful.

2. Consider taking a training and development course like the Landmark Forum. Landmark courses have invaluable training in high-level communication for which I'll always be pleased and grateful. Their intensive weekend was where I headed in my own work-life-desperation. I got so much more out of it than I'd expected, AND I was able to get a lot of relief in my experience in the workplace, and then I could truly bring that cheer that you are doing your best to bring now.

By the time I finally left that job, I was much more confident, clear and peaceful about my choices, rather than feeling like I was fleeing from an oppressor.

Michelle, I have all faith in you and in your open-hearted path. You already know everything I'm saying here.

Take extra good care of yourself, treating yourself like the precious jewel that you are. Keep letting the Universe know that you surrender your questioning to Its perfect wisdom and allow yourself some quiet so that you can hear both the subtle and overt answers.

All love,

Carina

If other questions arise from this writing, please email nowstayopen@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment