Friday, February 19, 2010

. . . you are in the perfect place. Always.

Dear Carina,

Do you believe in fate?
And can you say more about fate?

I have a belief that I will someday again marry, and my question is, do you believe things are predestined? Will it just happen that I meet him, or do I need to make it happen?

Jourdan

* * * * * * *

Dear Jourdan,

I thank you so much for your question. It is a beautiful thing to contemplate.

I believe that everything is as is, as I recently heard Deepak Chopra say. That is-ness is infinite and now. Everything that has ever happened, everything that ever will happen, everything that's happening now: it's all this instant. I have a gesture I make when I'm describing this. My words seem lacking.

I snap the fingers of my right hand, while moving my arm in a dropping motion, with the snap landing as the hand drops into this moment. There is nothing else.

And there is no other way this moment could be. Is that fate? I think it might be. Sometimes I call it karma. I may be contrasting other definitions of the word. I say it as in meant to be. And tell me, how can anything not be?

There is no other way this moment could be. And there's no other way any moment in the past could be other than what it was. Everything is as is. Just listen to the messages around you. They are telling you this. The Universe speaks to us, every moment.

Do you need to act in order to meet your husband? I don't know. But whatever is, is. Whatever is destined cannot help but to be, so you don't have to worry about it. The Universe has it orchestrated. You can relax.

I believe that we just look inside. We quiet down. We surrender our life to the Lord - get out of our thinking mind - and we live in peace. We can have it even better than we can imagine. And wonderfully and paradoxically, to get going on that river, we just have to take our hands off the wheel, or oars, as the case may be.

Deep clarity, presence, love of God, faith, . . . these seem to be very helpful in helping us navigate the waters of the flow.

A few of my favorite of multitudes of great resources are: The Science of Getting Rich, published in 1910 by an awake and wise soul, Wallace D. Wattles. A great foundation for creating out of the infinite, our true nature. And of course, The Power of Now. I have the audio recording of the book. Listening to Eckhart Tolle speak is like listening to Jesus through my headphones. {That dropping snap} gesture says it again.

What else is there?

Jourdan, you are blessed. You are a beloved child of God, and you are in the perfect place. Always.

Love to you all,

Carina


If other questions arise from this writing, please email
nowstayopen@gmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carina,
    I recently read a book that challenge or reconstructed the classical understanding of Providence (I.e., the idea that everything that happens is or was God's will.). The author endeavors to balance God's freedom with our freedom. The author does not deny the traditional understanding that says God cares for and upholds the universe. Be his does end up saying that Providence is God's continuing creation, and we participate in that as we exercise our freedom. By the way, I like your gesture of snapping your finger while lowering your arm to signify the present moment. I heard a speaker, Brian McLaren, say recently that we Christians tend to emphasize the past too much. Then he turned this impressive metaphor: when you get on a swing, to go higher, you lean back when you swing back, then you lean forward at the height of your ascent. He thinks Christians need to strain to lean forward more vigorously to go higher! Another by the way, this also relates to traditional therapy. You can get bogged down in the past where your so-called neuroses began. But do you ever get healing that way? Thanks, Carina.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your last question, Steve. A good one. At his point in my life, my guess is that we only get healing through people being vehicles of love. Having open hearts and loving others. I believe love heals..at least, that is what my heart says. Words are fine, but we generally feel if there is love behind them or not, and that is where the healing comes in. I can say "I love you" and they are nice words. I can say "I love you" and you will feel it, and find some healing. I do believe that to be true, as long as the "love"is not something "I" am doing, but an affirmative reaching out...a "going higher"..."more forward"...and slugging you right in the heart from somewhere way beyond ME (whoever that is).

    ReplyDelete